What to do in Haarlem? Five tips by Bed & Breakfast Wijk aan Duin.
Updated: 5 days ago
Haarlem is a charming city in the Netherlands that visitors to the country often overlook. However, Haarlem is only a short train ride from Amsterdam and Bed & Breakfast Wijk aan Duin, and it is well worth spending a day or two exploring its many sights. Here are some of the best things to do in Haarlem.
1. Visit the Frans Hals Museum. The Frans Hals Museum is one of the best museums in the Netherlands and is located in Haarlem. The museum is dedicated to the work of the Dutch Golden Age painter Frans Hals, and it houses the largest collection of his work in the world. The museum is also home to several other important works of art from the Dutch Golden Age, making it a must-visit for any art lover.
2. Stroll Around the Grote Markt. The Grote Markt is the central square in Haarlem and is a great place to start exploring the city. The square is surrounded by beautiful buildings, including the City Hall, and there are plenty of cafes and restaurants where you can stop for a drink or a bite. On Saturdays, you can visit the market on the square between 08:30 - 17:00, where you can shop for Dutch cheese, tulips, and other traditional products.
3. Visit the Teylers Museum. The Teylers Museum is one of the oldest museums in the world and is located in Haarlem. The museum is home to a number of important works of art, as well as an extensive collection of scientific instruments. The museum is well worth a visit, and it is especially interesting for anyone with interest in the history of science.
4. Explore Haarlemmerhout. Haarlemmerhout is a large park located on the outskirts of Haarlem, and it is a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. The park is home to several important monuments, as well as a number of scenic walking and biking trails.
5. Visit the Jopenkerk. The Jopenkerk is a historic brewing company in Haarlem, Netherlands. The company was founded in 1366 and is known for its locally-brewed beer. The Jopenkerk has a variety of different beers on tap, and visitors can enjoy a taste of the local brew. The Jopenkerk also has a restaurant, and visitors can enjoy a meal with their beer. The Jopenkerk is a great place to visit to taste the local culture.
Haarlem is a 20-minute ride by train from Beverwijk Central station and a 15-minute ride by car from Bed & Breakfast Wijk aan Duin. Would you like to stay at Bed & Breakfast Wijk aan Duin? Find our rooms and prices here.